Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011 everyone!  Our New Year's plans consisted of going to bed at 8:30.  Evidently Harper had some plans of her own because she didn't go to sleep until the ball dropped on the east coast.  I think that's the latest she has ever stayed up!
Kyle and I made resolutions to go to church more and put Harper in her crib.  We've tried several times to move her to the nursery, but unfortunately we are just as attached to her as she is to us.  We love having her in our room, but I know she will sleep better in her own comfy crib.
This morning we went to church and I discovered the "Mom's Room."  How nice!  The Mom's room was full of gliders, cribs, a changing table and nursing Moms.  There was a TV showing the service and low lights to set the mood.  I may be leaving Kyle alone in the sanctuary every Sunday:)
On December 29th, we celebrated Harper's two months birthday!  I can't believe I have only had her for two months.  It seems like I have known her my whole life.  We started off our day with a trip to the doctor.  I love our pediatrician.  He is always so sweet and encouraging.  Harper weighed 10 pounds, 9 ounces and she is 23 and 1/2 inches long.  She's in the 50th percentile for her weight and 95th for her height!  I guess she is going to be built like her Dad.  She had to receive six vaccines.  One was oral, but the other were shots in her sweet little thighs.  I may have shed a few tears.  She cried a little and then we both napped for over 3 hours when we got home!  She was pretty cranky and wanted to be held the rest of the day, but I didn't mind too much:)
Kyle and I have really started to notice how big she's getting lately.  Some days I cannot wait for her to only eat three square meals a day and entertain herself, but at the same time I want her to stay this little forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment