Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas!

Kyle and I were blessed this year to have most of my family and his parents visit us for Harper's first Christmas.  Kyle and I started our day video taping Harper coming down the stairs.  Hopefully this will become a tradition and get more and more fun each year.  Since I still have young brothers and sisters, we got down to business right away opening stockings and distributing gifts.  We went around the room in the order of youngest to oldest and opened gifts one by one.  After we were all done, I opened all of Harper's gifts.  She had more than anyone!  She got lots of toys, several cute outfits and her first baby doll. 
After we were done opening gifts we enjoyed a nice breakfast.  Every year my Mom makes eggs benedict and cinnamon rolls.  This year she made an eggs benedict casserole.  I think it was much easier than the real thing.  Kyle's parents arrived as we were opening presents.  They brought a honey baked ham, a delicious beef tenderloin and lots of gifts for everyone. 
The rest of day consisted of lots of laziness.  Harper enjoyed laying on her new play mat, getting passed around and taking a nice, long nap on Grandpa's chest. 


We enjoyed a big, delicious dinner.  After dinner, we said "Goodbye" to Kyle's parents and wrapped up the day with a little bit of catchphrase. 
My family headed home to Colorado today.  I was sad to see them go.  It was nice to have all the extra hands around.  
I felt so blessed to be sharing the holiday season with my daughter this year and I am looking forward to making many more Christmas memories with her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment