Thursday, December 9, 2010

Late Entry: Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving with Kyle's family in Houston.  It was our first road trip with Harper (and Moose).  We had to take so much stuff for Harper!  I felt like we were moving in with Kyle's parents:)  Harper did pretty well in the car.  She only had one outburst on our way down to Houston.  It was solved with a bottle and she slept the rest of the way.  On the way back, I was prepared with a bottle as soon as she woke up:)
Harper got to meet a lot of Kyle's family while in town, including Kyle's older brother and his girlfriend, who flew in from NYC and VA.  Harper also got to meet both of Kyle's grandmothers, his twin sisters, his oldest brother and some other relatives and family friends.  Our niece Lucy joined us for lunch.  Both Kyle and I wish we could see Lucy more often.  She is so cute, even if she does look just like her Dad:)  Lucy and Harper share the same birthday (4 years apart), which I think is so fun!


Kyle's paternal grandmother, Grandma Jean, is about to turn 98.  She is the most in shape 97 year old I have ever met!


I feel like I spent most of our trip in the back room feeding Harper.  Between feedings I did manage to eat some delicious meals, play Catch Phrase and eat some more.  Kyle got to enjoy a much needed night out with his brothers and his best friend from high school. 

We really enjoyed our time in Houston.  My mother-in-law, Sandra, was the perfect hostess.  We loved introducing Harper to everyone and feel so blessed to be bringing her into such a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment