Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Family, Friends and Flights

Harper had so many "firsts" this past weekend.  She had her first flight, she met her cousins, maternal great-grandparents, maternal great-great aunt and uncle and paternal great-aunt and great-uncle for this first time and she attended her first baby shower:)
One of my oldest and dearest friends Sarah called a while ago and said her sister and friend had invited me to one of her baby showers, but she knew I wouldn't be able to come.  I started thinking that I would really like to be there and what a great excuse it would be to go to Nashville so Harper could meet more of my family and they could see her before she gets too grown up.  I also have a nephew who is 8 and 1/2 months old.  I had not seen him since he was about 8 and 1/2 weeks old, so I was dying to get up there and see him before he got too grown up! 
Crawling all over the place!  Isn't he handsome?!?

Blair, Harper and I headed out early Thursday morning.  What a blessing it has been to have my sister around and especially while travelling!  I don't know how you do it by yourself.  Airport security is no fun with a baby, but luckily we got through with only one bag search:)  Harper did so well on the flight.  She hardly cried and even napped for a little while.
When we got into town we headed over to my Grandmother and Granddaddy's house.  My Grandmother stayed with my brothers and sister when Harper was born so my Mom could come stay with me.  Thanks Grandmother! 

My Grandmother just had surgery on her rotator cuff and has to wear a sling, but she still got to "hold" Harper quite a bit. 
After we hung out with my Grandmother and Granddaddy for a while, Blair and I took our niece Mia to the mall.  It was nice to have her all to ourselves for the afternoon.  Blair asked her what kind of car she wanted when she turned sixteen and she said "a mini-van just like Grandma's."  She cracks me up!  She loved Harper and kept calling her "tiny."  On our last morning in Nashville, she told me she didn't want Harper to leave.  How sweet! 
Blair and Mia

Of course, for dinner we had to go to Las Palmas.  We met Adam, Lisa, Ashton, Matt and my Grandparents there and stuffed our faces. 
Harper with my Grandparents

Blair and sweet Matt

On Friday, I met up with my friend Grace and her new daughter Hannah for lunch.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it was so great to see both of them.  Hannah was so good during lunch and I know Grace just loves being her Mom:)
After lunch my Mamaw came over.  She brought snow mounds!  She knows how much I love them:)  It was so nice to spend time with her.  Lisa took the day whole day off too!

Harper cuddled for a while with her Uncle Adam on Saturday morning.  She loves him!  She also loves her thumb!!!

We had a delicious pancake breakfast with the fam (Thanks Lisa!), then we headed over to Sarah's shower.  She didn't know we were coming and it was so much fun to surprise her!  The shower was so nice and Sarah got a lot of great gifts.  After the shower, we went over to Sarah's house to see the nursery.  I wish I would have taken some pictures of it.  It's so sweet!  Whenever we see girly nurseries, I always tell Harper not be jealous, since hers is "gender neutral." ;)  Everything and everyone (including Sarah:)) is ready and waiting for Baby McCollum's arrival!  I can't wait to meet her! 

The guest of honor with Harper

Blair and her BFF:)

The Hunter's Branch Girls (+ 1 and 1/2)!

Harper and her BFF:)

On Saturday night we had a "girls night out."  We took Mia and Ashton and met up with Erin for dinner (at Las Palmas, of course:)).

Me with my girls:)

Snoozin'

Since Harper stayed asleep after we got home, I was able to get in some good cuddle time in with Matt.

I spent Sunday morning getting ready for Harper's three month pictures.  Adam and Lisa's photographer took them.  She is amazing and so sweet!  I can't wait to see them and share them!  After pictures, my Grandparents, Great-Aunt Bess and Great-Uncle Don came over.  I didn't take any pictures:(  We visited with them for a while.  After they left the little ones played.  Sarah stopped by and then we had dinner with my Aunt Kyra, Uncle Greg and their three boys. 

Matt already likes to pick on Harper:)

Playing.  I love this picture!

Sleeping on Aunt Kyra

Snoozing with Uncle Greg

"The Pretty People"

I always love seeing my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, but they were all so tired, so the visit was short and sweet.  Good thing, because after they left I got sick with some kind of stomach bug.  It was a long miserable night:(  Being sick and taking care of a little baby has to be one of the worst things.  Again, thank goodness Blair was around.  She was up with Harper most of the night.

Monday morning was bittersweet.  I was so ready to see Kyle, but I always hate leaving my family.  We had to take one last picture with Aunt Lisa before we left. 

Harper did pretty well on the flight home.  She was so happy to see her Daddy and I know he was so so happy to see her when we got home!

Thanks to Adam and Lisa for their hospitality during our stay.  And thanks to everyone that came by to meet Harper!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment