I've been wanting to post about our sweet visitors from January through March for a while now. We are so blessed to have friends and family that want to come visit us in a Austin and make this place feel a little more like home. Yes, I've been here for 7 years, but it only really felt like home when my sister was living in the room across from mine. There's something about having family and old friends around that makes me the happiest.
In January, one of my dearest friends, Emily, came to visit. She was down here for a wedding so she stayed with us for a couple of days and we loved every minute! We talked and talked and talked some more. I loved hearing her stories about her niece, Annie, and I'm glad she was able to spend some time getting to know Harper. She's grown up so much since the last time they saw each other! We were so horrible about taking pictures but managed to snap one before we headed to the airport early Sunday morning.
Wish she could have stayed longer!
In early February, my one of my oldest friends, Sarah, came down with her little one, Emma Kate. We had such a great time hanging out with the girls, playing outside and catching up during nap time. I think we were both pretty impressed with how well the girls played together. They are still talking about each other, months later, so we know they had a good time together:) Also, they were both so kind to their Mommas and took good naps every day they were here. I think Sarah was 33 weeks pregnant while she was here and I was around 28, so we really appreciated the time to rest/talk:)
Sweet girls.
Pretty much sums up their relationship:)
We loved them in their little Valentine's Day outfits, so we have lots of pictures from this day.
Pretty sure Harper had just assaulted Emma Kate and was trying to make nice.
Pretty sweet anyway:)
What a difference a year makes!
Only picture of the Mommas!
I loved catching up with Sarah, seeing our girls play together and I was just so grateful for their visit while Kyle is working such long hours!
Sarah's visit overlapped with Erin's. She was in town for work. How nice to have two of my very best friends in town at the same time! One night, we all had dinner together at my house. I just wish we could do it all the time! Erin and I were able to spend a little bit of time together on Friday. She helped me with Harper that AM while I had some labs drawn (Thank you so much!). Then we ate a little Tex Mex, spent the day catching up and ended the day at the Alamo Drafthouse. That was such a treat for me. I miss the movies so much these days! I hated to see her leave so soon!
And last, but certainly not least, Blair, came to visit us in March! What a Godsend! She was such a big help with Harper and we got a lot of cleaning and preparation done for "Baby Brother" while she here! We also did a little bit of eating out and shopping. Most of the pics I took of her visit were posted in my Easter post. I'm definitely feeling the void of her not being around for the birth of this baby. She was such a big part of Harper's first year. Harper, of course, LOVED having Blair around and asks just about everyday if she can "go on an airplane to Tennessee." We're excited for her to come back in a little over a month!
BFF
Now we are just waiting for the arrival of a little permanent visitor;)
More on that soon!




Loved this Jess! You summed it up perfectly - talked, and talked and talked some more :)! My kind of visit! Just like in our dorm together....
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for your litle "permanent visitor" to get here too! I still can't wrap my ahead around that fact that it's a boy - I think I'm going to have to see him before it really sinks in! Does he have a name yet?!
Hope you're feeling well and I'll be praying for a safe, easy delivery and healthy baby & mama!
Jess, Harper is SO adorable! I can't believe how much she looks like you two :) Good luck in your last weeks before you become a mother of 2!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're looking great, Jess! Sounds like fun visits!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good post! I am still so so so sad that I didn't come in January! Ugh! You look great and I hope that you are still feeling okay too! I can't wait to see "baby brother" and hear his name! I will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comments y'all! Laura, I loved all your pics from Africa! Looks like an amazing trip! Jackie, these pictures were all before I really blew up:) Eleanor, I want to know his name too! Was just telling Em, I'm having a tough time committing! I try calling him names out loud, haha! So, we'll see! Sad you weren't able to come in January too, but hopefully we can get together while I'm in that neck of the woods this summer!
ReplyDelete