Charles "Charlie" Walker Kamrath was born on May 7th at 1:29pm. He weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces and was 21 inches long. We love him so much and he fits perfectly into our little family! Big sister is so sweet with him and loves having "Baby Charlie" around (for now:)).
Sorry, the lighting in the delivery room was horrible and no one told me to brush my hair!
Harper came into the delivery room right after Charlie was born to meet him. This was a couple of hours later.
So in love with these three!
I actually had a wonderful labor and delivery experience. I'm so grateful for my wonderful labor support team of my husband, my Mom and my sweet friend Wendy (who came over to my house at midnight and stayed at the hospital with me until the baby was born!). I'm also very grateful to my doctor, who had the day off, but came in and delivered Charlie! She was such a great support in my desire to have a VBAC.
We had a longer stay in the hospital because Charlie was diagnosed with hydronephrosis at 20 weeks. He needed an ultrasound of his kidneys at 48 hours old. Thank God the ultrasound showed no hydronephrosis! We have one follow-up ultrasound next week just to make sure everything is still okay, but so far he doesn't seem to have any issues filling up a diaper;)
We were discharged shortly after we got the news about his ultrasound and we couldn't wait to get our new little one home!
Ready to go!
Charlie had a little bit of jaundice after we came home. We just went for a check-up and within his first week, his jaundice has cleared and he has exceeded his birth weight by 2 ounces! I'm thinking he won't be taking after his petite big sister and I'm hoping I can keep up!
The transition home has been pretty smooth. My Mom is still here until Friday, which has been SO helpful. Harper has been doing a great job of entertaining herself so we can tend to the baby and the house. Kyle only had a couple of days off work and is back into the swing of things.
All in all, things are going as well as can be expected. We are all so thrilled that Charlie is here, healthy and perfectly happy giving us lots of cuddle time!



I love this post! I LOVE his name - so handsome!!! And he is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen!!! And the picture of all 4 of you with Harper holding on to her Daddy is one of the sweetest things ever!!! I am so impressed that you are up for blogging! Glad everything is going so well and I hope he lets you get some sleep!! Can't wait to meet him - hopefully this summer!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Jess! He's precious! And so awesome you were able to have a VBAC! As I said on your facebook page, his name is my father-in-law's name - so it's near and dear to my heart. Walker is a great middle name for a baby boy! :)
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are great! He's one of the most handsome newborns I've ever seen! And you look gorgeous in the pic of the day you brought him home! So glad he's healthy and growing fast already and that you had such a good delivery (you were due for one this time)!! Harper is precious and I'm sure she is a great big sister!!
ReplyDelete