Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Road Trip

Wow, our Nashville trip was such a whirlwind!  We stayed so busy!  Harper was great for the drive and only had one major meltdown the entire trip (Sorry Emily!).  I forgot my camera (if you can believe that:)), but luckily, Blair had hers and I had my trusty iPhone.

We headed out early on Friday morning.  Blair and I were really impressed with ourselves and our 4 AM departure.  Luckily, Harper slept a lot of the way.

Since Harper was being so good and we were making good time, we let her drive for a little bit:)

We got into town around dinner time on Friday and enjoyed meeting little Emma Kate and spending some time with the Stephenson/McCollum/Bennett family.  
Harper and Emma Kate

All day Saturday was spent preparing for a party for my Grandparent's 50th anniversary.  We did manage to sneak in a delicious lunch at Moe's (since the one in Austin went out of business) and a little nap.  The party was a lot of fun!  It was like a mini family reunion and I think/hope my Grandparent's really enjoyed themselves.  
5 Generations

Blair and Ashton

Aunt Lisa with Harper

The boys

Sweet Mattie

Everyone that was at the wedding.

The honorees and their kids.

Cutting the cake.

 Mia looked so cute in her Grecian sandals!

It was also Adam's 30th birthday!  We got him this pretty sweet hat to wear;)

Sunday morning, sweet baby Matt was dedicated at church.  My childhood pastor dedicated him and it was so special for us to be able to be there.  I have no pictures:(
Looking so peaceful snoozin' after church.

After church, Harper and I ate a quick lunch and then headed to Birmingham.  The drive was so nice.  Everything was so beautiful and green.  When Harper and I arrived, we chatted for a bit and then grabbed some dinner and frozen yogurt.  Once we got back to Emily's it took Harper a little while to go to sleep, but we were all able to sleep in until 9:15 the next morning!  That was a nice little treat:)

Emily and Eleanor both took the day off on Monday.  We hung out at Eleanor's gorgeous house for a while and then went to lunch and did a little bit of shopping.  It was just so great to relax and spend time with two of my dearest friends.  Sometimes we go a while without talking, but we get back together and don't miss a beat.  I love friends like that:)  Eleanor's nursery looked great and I cannot wait to meet Baby Annie!

On Tuesday, Mom, Blair, Sarah, myself and all the little kids, went to eat lunch at the Nolensville Feed Mill.  They had deli sandwiches made with delicious Amish bread, meat and cheeses.  My sandwich had jalapeno strawberry jam on it, which was different, but really good.  I need to go back and get some.  I think it would be so good on a Monte Cristo.  Afterwards, we went antique shopping in Nolensville.  They had some great stuff, but I don't really need anything and we had no way of getting it back to TX:(
Harper with her Lovie

Ashton and Mia

Blair and Mary Grace

Harper and Emma Kate (ahaha!)

Mia and Ashton

Harper and I spent Wednesday catching up with Erin, my Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle, and my Aunt Kyra and cousins.  And, of course, we couldn't leave without indulging in some Las Palmas.  Harper loved her refried beans!
 Harper and Erin

 BFFs with their Lovie

She's going to love Mexican just like her Mom!

The drive home was pretty uneventful.  Harper and I were both so excited to see Kyle when we got home, although he could barely wake up to welcome us, since we got home around 1 AM:(

I really want to thank Sarah and Daniel for their hospitality.  It was so great to spend so much time with them and Emma Kate!

Also, please say a little prayer for my father-in-law, Jack.  He had knee surgery this morning.  Everything went well, but pray for a speedy recovery for him.  Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment