Thursday, March 15, 2012

Catching Up

I haven't really felt like blogging lately.  It's kind of a lot of work since I have pictures on three different cameras:(  But, I have been so sad about Harper growing up lately, so I have been watching a ton of home videos of her as a baby.  Then I realized how much of the past 16 and 1/2 months I have forgotten and how this blog has kept track of so much for me since she was born.  So, I have to keep at it:)

We've been staying pretty busy around here.  We're trying to finish our first home "renovation."  We had our banister changed.  It used to be an ugly white iron thing.  I hated it.  But, now, I love it!  However, we are in charge of staining the railing and repairing and repainting the areas where our old banister was welded to the walls and baseboards.  It's been kind of a process, since it has to be done during Mother's Day Out or nap time.  I wish I were more of a night owl.  Harper goes to bed at 7:00 and if I could stay up past 9:00 I'm sure I could get more done.
Upstairs before I stained the wood.


Downstairs post staining.


Oh yeah, the whole making new recipes in February thing didn't work out so well.  I think I made four new recipes (including side items:)).  I have been making more fish, though, and I would really like to find some good vegetarian recipes.  

Other than eating the same old things, we had a pretty great February.  We took Harper to see Sesame Street Live one weekend.  I only had my phone with me so I couldn't get any really good pictures, but Harper had a pretty good time.  I think she'll be a little more interested in it next year.  

This picture is just for my records.  I couldn't get a picture of the stage in the dark with my phone, so this is it:(

We didn't really do anything for Valentine's Day, since the rest of the month was so packed.
But I did get these gorgeous flowers. 

And I got to spend the night with these two.
I mean, three:)
Harper loves laying like this with Kyle and that is Moose's typical spot too.  This is probably one of my favorite pictures ever.  

Our (kind of) Valentine's Day date was a Zombie race.  Kyle loves zombie movies.  It was a 5K obstacle course and the main obstacle was that you had to run from zombies at certain points in the race.  We didn't win, but it was pretty fun.  And we never got caught by any zombies:)
The race was downtown and there was no set route, so you had to wear those really cool glow-in-the-dark necklaces so you would know who was part of the race.


At the beginning of the month, Kyle had a business trip in Houston, so we went down with him to spend some time with his parents.  Kyle's Grandfather was also in town from Virginia, so we were able to spend some time with him as well.  We didn't do much while we were there.  Kyle and I got out alone to see a movie one day, which is always nice. 

Kyle and Harper played the piano a lot while we were there.  I loved hearing her try to reach the keys by herself when no one was in the room:)


I always love watching/listening to Kyle play the piano, but I love it even more when Harper is in his lap.




Not a lot of pictures from the weekend, but I of course snapped a few of Harper and her Grandpa.  


He just loves her.


And reading with Grandma Jean.




Since I want to remember EVERYTHING about Harper, I've been meaning to write down that when she gets really tired, not only does she suck her thumb, but she rubs her face.  Just lightly brushes it with her hand.  It's one of the sweetest things.

We have been playing outside non-stop lately.  Harper recently got a turtle sand box that she loves, but her favorite go-to toy is definitely this cozy coupe.  She loves to push it around herself or for us to push her around in it.  She could be outside ALL day and sometimes she kind of is:) 



This is just a random pic, but she is looking so much like her Dad these days!


Last Thursday, Sarah and Emma Kate came into town.  It was rainy and cold most of their stay, but we tried to make the most of it with some shopping and a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse.  It took Harper and Emma Kate a day or so to get acclimated to each other, but after they did, they played pretty well together. 
 Emma Kate loved Harper's chair.  Good thing she just got one for her birthday:)


Since, both girls love the bath, we thought they would love to take one together.  They will also probably kill me for posting these pics, but really, how could I resist?


Watching the tub fill up!  They can't wait to get in!


Love Harper in this picture.  Doesn't she have the tiniest booty?

They were good for about a minute, then I think Harper wanted the bath all to herself:)

But she didn't mind sharing her ball pit (sans balls).


I guess she didn't want Emma Kate to get out.

They were best buds by the end of the trip.

And last but certainly not least, last Thursday morning, Kyle's Grandma June passed away.  We were able to spend the last few days in Houston with Sandra and the rest of her family.  They had a lovely memorial service for her on Tuesday night.  Kyle and I spent most of our time in Houston helping with her home.  We cleaned out and sorted through a lot of stuff.  While it was a big task, I learned a lot about Grandma June in doing so.  It was also nice to have everyone in one place again for a little bit, although the reason we were all together was not lost on any of us.  
Grandma June was such a great Grandma, great-Grandma and Grandma-in-law to us.  She will be missed so much.

I have more recent pictures to share so I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment